Your daily work will focus on:
- Preparation, start-up, monitoring, control and process development for the production of recombinant proteins, monoclonal antibodies or similar biological molecules in microorganisms.
- Use of small, medium and large scale chromatography equipment.
- Prepare technical reports to report to the client and supervise the rest of the technicians in charge.
- Propose and elaborate procedures and instructions in the area of his/her competence.
- Define and manage the technical execution of projects.
- Responsible for supervising and ensuring a correct transfer of technology from external companies.
- Participate in staff training, as well as producing training course material when necessary.
- Participation in internal/external audits as required by the Quality Department.
- Reporting results to the Project Manager or client.
- Provide support to the Project Manager in meetings with the client when necessary.
- Comply with all safety standards established in the risk protocol associated with the job.
- Record any non-conformity detected during the production process and participate in the investigation of the same together with the Project Manager.
Experience and skills required:
- Degree or PhD in Chemical or Industrial Engineering, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of experience in chromatography processes, preferably for the purification of recombinant proteins in the pharmaceutical industry.
- At least 3 years of experience in the biotech industry, working in the DSP area (purification of recombinant proteins and monoclonal antibodies), from lysis to molecule dosage.
- Used to work in multidisciplinary teams with interaction with other departments of the company and external customers.
- Experience in providing know-how to ensure proper technology transfer as well as proposing improvements in quality, cost, performance, time and safety.
- Experience in preparing documentation (POE, protocols, reports) in accordance with regulatory standards.
- Fluent in English
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Management of personnel assigned to your discipline
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
This position is for you if you want to join a young, multidisciplinary and highly qualified team to work in a leading biotech company.
Remuneration will be discussed based on the candidate’s profile and experience.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send us an email with your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Downstream Technician).